That's right, the Colorado Rockies have made it to the World Series! And let me tell ya...Denver is CRAZY excited. Phil saw a student at Denver Seminary walking around in his Rockies paraphernalia carrying a broom. That's right, the Rockies swept the division series and the Championships! (Note to self: DO NOT go into Denver on WS game days.)
On a more personal note, its getting cold here. I thought there was fall in between summer and winter, and while the leaves are changing color beautifully, its pretty much winter (as far as this California girl is concerned.) Its been in the low 40's, both morning and night here, and we got snow in the mountains and foothills last weekend. I'm hoping to get up there soon and get some pics of the fall/winter (finter? wall?) here.
Phil and I are doing good, though. He's enjoying his classes. Actually, at the moment he is taking a test, so I don't know if he is enjoying it RIGHT now. =) Work for me is fine. The crunch season for applications is fast approaching, and I am finding it difficult to prioritize my tasks and get all that I need to get done by the end of the day.
If ever you think of us, please say a prayer on our behalf. While we are loving Denver Seminary, and know without a doubt this is where God has placed us, there are struggles. I am feeling a bit lonely and somewhat disconnected from student-Phil. Its a different life being a student (I don't say "life" lightly. School is life-consuming). While I feel connected at work, and I'm on campus (which to me makes a huge difference), I feel like I need some other women to stand with. I'm hoping to meet some other Spouses of Students (SOS as we call them here) and fellowship with them. Pray that Phil and I continue to make time for each other, and that he would continue to thrive where God has placed him.
Thanks!!! and Ciao!
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment