We had a wonderful time with the clan celebrating our grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary. Most of the family stayed in the large house, Lako (law-ko) House, which had a large kitchen and dinning room, and a huge back porch/patio/lanai with a pool and hot tub that looked out over the ocean. The smaller house, the Whale Watcher, is where a few of slept, but if we "home" we were at the big house, laying by the pool or eating.
To celebrate my grandparents anniversary, we took them to probably the best Lua on the Big Island. We had a table all to ourselves, right at the front. The food was amazing, and the dancing, which showed traditional dances from all of the Polynesian Islands, was awesome!
Other activities included a catamaran ride out to some of the best snorkeling spots on the Kona side of the island. We also had a girls only and boys only day, in which we hung out at the Hilton, and then laid on the beach. Could it get any better then that? The boys did coffee tasting and some 4-wheeling. Phil, my brother Derek, and my 2 cousins Lauren and Leslie went para-sailing on day and had a great time. I'm kinda glad I kept my feet firmly planted on the ground.
![]() |
| Hawaii 2007 |


1 comment:
Don't you just love it there? I went a few years ago with a friend,and we had the best time. Come to think of it that was my last real vacation, I think I am due for one soon.
Post a Comment