Thursday, April 29, 2010

Beginning the collection

I'm trying to get better about updating our blog, and so I thought the best way to do that would be to track the progress of the nursery. Then when I feel like nothing is getting done, I could look and see that we've at least made a few steps toward the arrival of "daddy's little princess."

We made a stop at our new Salvation Army on Saturday. We didn't find what we were looking for, but the baby the clothes, which had been strategically placed, were directly in our way as we made our exit. Of course, when you see little tiny pink shirts, onesies, dresses you can't help but stop. I think baby clothes have their own gravitational field.

Anyway, we left with a few items to begin the collection of baby clothes. I'd already purchased a girl Dr Seuss onesy on the day we found out we were having a girl, but now we have a few more, including one indicating that she is "Daddy's little Princess"!




These cute socks were a gift from a co-worker.
We've also begun our Dr. Seuss collection. Thanks to some friends, we have all 4 stuffed characters featured at Kohls!

And so even though the room is not ready, progress is being made. Stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

Lily of the Valley said...

When I was pregnant with Isabella, especially in the latter two trimesters, we read "Baby, oh Baby, the Place You'll Go" everyday.