Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Prayer

I've been meaning to update this for a while, but its been so busy around our house I haven't taken the time. So, here's a brief update:

*Warning: Some of this is sad.*

A few weeks ago, my sister and I got to fly back to California to visit our grandma, my dad's mom, in the convalescent home she was living in. We went back, struggling between the joy of getting to see her, and the sadness of knowing that it was the last time we'd see her on this earth. This past Thursday she went to be with the Lord in paradise. What a blessing it was to see her a few weeks ago. She was in good spirits despite having to struggle for each breath. We enjoyed her vibrant, and ornery, personality, and shared many laughs.

We love you, Mema, and you'll be horribly missed.

The following Sunday, Phil and I got the opportunity to volunteer at the Festival Italiano, held in Lakewood. We (ok...I...) decided it would be a great way to get out and meet some people in the community and get involved. We worked one of the beverage sale tents, and had a great time. We got to talk with people as they enjoyed Italian food, music, bocce ball, gelato (YUM!!) and many other things. We had a pizza tent next to us and happily exchanged beer for pizza. Sweet! Oh...and the freezer for the gelato quit working, so we had to help them eat it before it melted. Shoot. Overall it was a great day. I would recommend volunteering at your local festivals and events.

For this coming weekend, I ask for your prayers. Its going to be emotionally draining for both of our families (Ytreeide's and Harms'). Let me 'splain (as my dad would say.)

Ytreeide side:

The memorial service for my grandmother is this weekend. Deed, Ryan, Phil, me, and my cousin Lacey and her kids will be flying out Friday to be home with the rest of the family. Please pray for peace and unity, and that God would comfort each one of us. Also, I would really like to be able to celebrate her life and legacy.

Harms' side:

Phil's dad, Sid, is having his left kidney removed on Thursday due to a tumor. This particular type of tumor is often cancerous, and they are removing the kidney and tumor to be sure they get all of it. It is still fully contained within the body, and has not metastasized into any other part of the body. Pray for wisdom and guidance for the doctors and quick healing for Sid. And for Christine, his wife, for peace!

Also, our niece Elizabeth is once again in the hospital again (you can go to Matt and Sara's blog - see our link on the right side.) She has the flu, but this has been revealing greater problems with her liver clot. Please continue to pray for healing and that she wouldn't remember all the pain she is in.

I am going to end this before it gets too long!

Thanks for your support and prayers.

No comments: