For Thanksgiving this year, we went over to our friends' Tim and Rebecca's house. She cooked an AMAZING feast, and we had a great time of fun and fellowship. However, all of us forgot to get pictures. Oops.
The day after Thanksgiving was a gorgeous, sunny Colorado day. I don't remember the temperature, but I'm guessing high 40's. Phil and I decided to go for a hike at a local open space. While it was a little chilly out, the sun was beautiful and it felt so good to get out and walk off our food from the day before.
For most of the beginning of the hike, the trail was clear. No snow, hardly any mud. Well, we turned a corner into an inlet-type thing in the mountains, and the change of temperature and scenery was unbelievable. The temp dropped at least 10 degrees, we were now completely in the shade of the mountain and the trail was COVERED in snow and ice. It became a bit treacherous as we had to figure out a way to get down the mountain without sliding on ice. See the pictures below to get a better idea. Overall, it was a great hike, though I think we should by some of those traction cleats or get-a-grip slip-on for our hiking boots.
When we got to the end of the trail there was a family of deer grazing in someone's yard. We were probably about 10 feet away from them.
No comments:
Post a Comment