Christmas 2009 was spent at home, in Colorado. Both Phil and I had to work Christmas eve, so it was nice to actually have 1 day that we both had off. Time together - priceless!
The fall semester had been really busy for both us as we juggled work, school, time together, home ownership...not to mention the day to day tasks involved in living. Phew. I'm tired just writing that!
Needless to say, a day off together rarely happens, and so we were both looking forward to a day that didn't require us to get out of our PJ's! We had the chance to Skype with 2 of Phil's siblings, and our parents. It was nice to say Merry Christmas "in person" and hear how everyone's celebrations were going. Plus, it allowed us to show off our Christmas present in person.
I know, as adults Christmas is usually for necessities that can't be afforded during the year. And we got some of those: new pots and pans, an indoor bike trainer so we could still "ride" our bikes during the winter months. We got a few nonsense items in our stockings. But we got one present that was worth sharing:
We found out in early December that a little one would be joining our family in August of 2010!!! =) We are both so very excited and can't wait to meet this person that God is creating. The pictures, which were taken Dec 28th, were at 7 weeks and about 2 days. As I am writing this I am approaching the 13 week mark.
Next week we get to hear baby's heart beat again. =) What a thrill to hear that little sound, and know for sure that something is going on.
This is an exciting journey for us, and we are so excited that several couples in our circle of friends are walking this road, too! So fun to think of play dates and get togethers in a few months.
8 comments:
Yay! Congratulations! What a wonderful, exciting, joyous event. We're so happy for you.
Congrats! I am so excited for you guys!
YAY YAY YAY!!
~Autumn
We are so happy for you guys! Congratulations!!!
No more wine for you young lady. I'll drink it for you
No more wine for you young lady..I will drink it for you.
Hey, I had heard the news awhile back, but haven't had the chance to wish Darbi a "congratulations" in person. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help now or after the baby's here.
When is your next appointment? You'll have to post the ultrasound photo! Congrats again!
Post a Comment